Connectedness and reaching out is about placing importance in help-seeking behaviours through connections with other people as well as having a range of friendship circles that reflect different areas of social need.
This will help young people understand:
- Having social/friendship groups can support their resilience
- Identifying people/organisations can assist in their development of resilience skills
Activities have been designed to be stand alone or run in a sequence for a 50 min lesson/session. Templates are linked below for completing the activities.
- Buzz Activity: Pictionary (15 mins)
- Class discussion, Where do we find connections? (10 mins)
- My Connections worksheet (25 mins)
- Explore ReachOut.com
How to ask a friend if they're okay
Tips for meeting new people