Mental health: A priority for improving Australia's health
Mental health is a priority health issue in Australia. Tragically the leading cause of death among young Australians (14-25) is suicide. It is important that we see mental health as a priority issue in Australia put a strong focus on improving the mental health of young people.
This will help you to:
- explore the health priorities of Australians
- understand mental health as a priority area
- explore mental health as part of the Ottawa Charter
Exploring Australian health priorities
To explore the Australian Health Priorities we have devised a rage of materials to support you in your Senior Health Classroom.
Webinar: Mental Health as a Priority Area. This webinar is available for viewing with your staff or with your class group
The following support materials have also been developed.
Mental health as a priority issue: Powerpoint presentation
Mental Health ‘Hot Seat’: Class quiz activity on mental health trends
Ottawa Charter: How does ReachOut.com address the five action areas of the Ottawa Charter?
Find out more
- Encourage your students to watch the webinar
- Share the webinar with your colleagues to encourage whole school support for mental health promotion