Self efficacy is having success in something then using that as a personal reference point for ability, and working on that to bring further success, achievement and a belief in yourself.
This will help young people understand
- Having a belief in their abilities will help to improve resiliency
- Using past experiences, recording them and reflecting on how they made them feel will assist skills needed in tough times and in striving to achieve
Activities have been designed to be stand alone or run in a sequence for a 50 min lesson/session. Templates are linked below for completing the activities.
- Buzz Activity: No knot unties itself! (15 mins)
- Class discussion, What is self efficacy? (5 mins)
- Three Things worksheet (20 mins)
- Exploring ReachOut.com (10 mins)
What is self talk?
How to build self confidence
What is self awareness?
- Remind yourself and your students to reflect on at least one achievement everyday. Reflect on why it happened